Today I’m going to give you a small glimpse into my life. I’ve found that I always like reading about the blogger behind the blog, and figured you might be the same way. So here are 11 random facts about me.
- I was born and raised in rural Minnesota. I love hiking through the woods, and riding my horse down gravel roads. There is something very inspiring and invigorating about living out in nature. This is part of a small pond about a half mile from my house:
- I love music, both listening and playing instruments. My favorite genres to listen to are Country, Alternative, and Christian. My favorite artist at the moment is NEEDTOBREATHE (and yes, to all my fellow NTB fans, I think their latest album is amazing). If you haven’t listened to them before, humor me and look up the title track of their latest album “Hard Love“.
- I play the piano and have just started playing guitar. I also played ukulele for awhile. I took 11 years of piano lessons, and am teaching myself guitar through YouTube tutorials.
- I have a 5 year old Quarter Horse that I trained myself. She’s a lot of fun and has the sweetest disposition most of the time 😉 Her name is Arowyn. I was (and still am) one of those obsessively horse crazy girls – you know, the ones who get weak knees at the smell of horse manure, and who dream of nothing but being around horses. Here is the view from Arowyn’s back on a foggy morning ride:
- My favorite food is my mom’s homemade chicken alfredo. I pretty much love any food made with pasta and cheese. #italianfood
- I’m an introvert. An INFJ, to be exact. Which means I basically live to help people. If I’m not helping someone or making the world a better place, I feel terribly useless. That’s why I’ve chosen Health Coaching as my profession (and my passion). I can’t imagine making a living doing anything else. If you want to know what your personality type is, there is a fairly accurate free version of the test here. Once you discover your four letters, leave them in the comments. I’m curious what my readers’ personalities are 🙂
- I am terribly unphotogenic (if that’s a word). I had to take over a dozen photos of myself before I had one good enough to put as my Facebook profile picture, and even then it isn’t that great. Oh well, I’m sure my pictures will improve as I gain more experience 🙂
- I was originally planning to got to college for an English degree before I found out about health coaching as a career. I love to write and edit writing, which is part of why I love blogging so much. When I was 17 I entered a poetry contest and got one of my poems published. If you’re interested you can read it here.
- I don’t wear make up. I’m not sure how unusual or interesting that is to you, but it’s just another random fact about me lol. I have nothing against people who do, I just prefer not to.
- I’m a Christian. And no, that doesn’t mean I hate gay people, or that I think I’m better than you, despite what the media says. For me personally, it just means I have a very real relationship with God, and have chosen to live my life by loving Him, loving people, and living according to His truth. It’s really as simple as that.
- I used to suffer from extreme social anxiety due to some chronic health issues when I was in my early to middle teens. It was horrible, and if you’ve ever had social anxiety (not just shyness) you know what I mean. Thankfully, after sorting out those health problems and living a healthier lifestyle, that social anxiety is practically nonexistent, although I can still be pretty awkward in social situations sometimes, but aren’t we all? 😉
And there you have it, 11 random facts about me. What else would you like to know? What are some random facts about you? Leave the answers to those questions and any other thoughts you may have about this post in the comments. I really look forward to hearing from you 🙂