Music is pretty much my favorite thing ever (besides my relationships with some awesome people and animals). Occasionally I’ll work out without background music but most of the time I’ve got my favorite songs playing to keep me going. When I’m struggling through a set I like to do reps in time with the song (total piano teacher moment right there lol). Not to mention that working out to certain songs is a great way to work through emotions and anxiety and the like. Anyways I thought it would be fun to share what songs are currently in my workout playlist on Spotify. Some of them are great for their beat, and others for their lyrics (or both). Also I think I’m weird because I work out equally well to slow and fast songs, depending on the quality of the sound and lyrics. So some of these are faster and obviously great workout songs, while others are more reflective but they are still motivating for me personally.
I’d love to hear some of your favorite workout songs, please feel free to share them in the comments!
- “Thunder” by Imagine Dragons
- “Never Let You Down” from the Insurgent soundtrack
- “Way Down We Go” by Kaleo
- “Come With Me Now” by KONGOS
- “Believer” by Imagine Dragons
- “I Don’t Dance” by Lee Brice
- “Who You Are” by Kurt Hugo Schneider and Anna Clendening
- “Rollin'” (the ballad of Big & Rich)
- “Fly” by Maddie & Tae
- “Ceasefire” by For King & Country
- “Dream” by Imagine Dragons